DO YOU WANT SOME COOKIES AND CREAM CAKE?
I know a lot of you are familiar with cookies and cream or cookie dough ice cream. Yes, that perfect blend of creamy vanilla and a little spike of choc from oreo cookies, umm, that yum. We can replicate this same taste in the cake.
So today we would share the recipe for cookies and creams cake, also called oreo cake.
Before we go into the recipe, there are a few things to note to achieve a moist, fluffy and decadent cake.
- Ensure all ingredients are at room temperature
- Pay adequate attention to measurements. Don’t be tempted to add more or do less. A rich cake highly depends on the proportion of the ingredients.
- Follow the procedures strictly. Don’t whisk when asked to fold and don’t use an electric mixer when asked to mix by hand. Also, when using an electric mixer, use the right speed as instructed.
- Use the recommended cake pan. This is because cakes get done in different cake pans at different times. So if u use a different pan for this recipe, there might be a difference in cooking time which might give a poor result.
Having stated the above tips, let’s get into the recipe.
For the cake
- 2 eggs.
- ¾ cups granulated sugar.
- 1⅓ cups All-purpose flour.
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda.
- 2 teaspoon baking powder.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- 12 chopped Oreos.
- ½ cup of vegetable oil.
For the topping
- 1/3 cup cream/heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ¾ cup Cream cheese.
- I can of sweetened condensed milk.
- 8 0reos cookies
- Into a bowl, add 2 eggs, sugar, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract. Whisk using a hand whisker.
- Chop up 12 0reos cookies. Just chop them coarsely, don’t crush them completely.
- To the mixture in step 1, add all-purpose flour and baking powder and mix until just combined. Do not over mix the flour. Add 12 chopped Oreos cookies and mix.
- Get an 8×8 in (20x20cm) cake pan and bake at 350°F (180°C) for 20-25 minutes.
For the toppings
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk, table cream/heavy cream, butter, and cream cheese into a pan. Cook over medium heat, stirring continuously. Keep stirring for three more minutes after the mixture bubbles. When you’re done with that, sieve the mixture. And let it cool.
- Spread the toppings on the cake and add 8 chopped Oreos cookies.
Give your taste buds the honor of enjoying this delicious cake.
Did you enjoy your cake?
Drop your comments, we would like to know.