FRIDAY MOOD (TGIF)
Friday!!! Yell of excitement, we would jump out of bed, get ready for work and be on our way to work. Lol…but this is not how we acted on a Monday morning.
It is believed that Fridays are always different and filled with fun.
Fridays call for a little escapism, some nugget of thought to wax you into the weekend and take your mind off the boss who expects you to stay in the office till 5:00 pm.
Fridays tend to be a ‘casual day’ in many workplaces and offices. This is because the work week starts to blend into the weekend from here, meaning that many firms are happy for their staff to relax a little on the last official day of the week.
In most languages that are derived from Latin, Friday is derived from the word “dies Veneris” (day of venus), like “venerdi” in French, “venerdi” in Italian, and “Viernes” in Spanish. There is a term known as Friday feeling, which highlights the day as being the last day of the workweek as a result people are happier and more exerted than on other days.
Here are some fun facts about Fridays;
- In the US, the term “Black Friday” sometimes refers to the day after Thanksgiving. Which is traditionally the first day of the Christmas shopping season. Black Friday shopping has always had accidents or deaths or one other incident happening every other year, this is due to the large crowd rushing into retail shops all at once.
- Friday the 13th is the only day with the most repeated occurrence in a year.
- The most feared day on the whole calendar is one that occurs more often than you might think, the 13th. This is the supposedly unlucky date of course lent itself to a series of popular and pretty grisly horror movies.
- Paraskavedekatriaphobia is the phobia for Friday the 13th. So if you’re scared of the unluckiest day of the year, then you’re having paraskavedekatriaphobia.
- In Christianity, Good Friday is the Friday before Easter and it commemorates the day of Jesus Crucifixion.
Thank God it’s Friday, everyone!
This day is obviously one of the favorites for many people around the World.
Go out, party, have fun this weekend and make sure to have lots to talk about.