5 BEST FOODS FOR A HEALTHY SKIN
I’m sure all of us love to have good skin at every age and stage of life right? Then do you pay attention to what you eat?
We all know that the foods we eat have a direct correlation to diabetes, obesity, or even heart diseases. But what we fail to connect is nutrition and skin health. Our nutrition and healthy skin have a direct correlation with each other.
No matter how many skin care products you use, they won’t give you the desired result if you do not eat healthily. There are a lot of good foods that are needed to make your skin healthy. Just imagine stepping out and your skin shines bright like a diamond without any marks on it, won’t you be happy?
One important thing you need to take note of is eating healthy daily. Consistency is the key to achieving your goals. Be consistent with eating healthy.
Below are a few foods that can keep your skin healthy;
- Broccoli; Broccoli contains vitamins and minerals that are important for your skin health such as vitamin A, vitamin C, and Zinc. It also contains Lutein, a carotenoid that works like beta carotene. Lutein helps protect your skin from oxidative damage which causes your skin to become dry and wrinkled.
- Tomatoes; They are not only delicious and juicy but they are good for your health. They contain vitamin A, vitamin C, and antioxidants which help to fight inflammation-causing acne. It also protects the skin against UV radiation.
- Avocado; you’ve probably heard that Avocado makes you gain weight because of its high-fat content, perhaps you didn’t know that those fats are very healthy. Avocados are high in healthy fat which reduces cholesterol levels and supports the process of skin regeneration. Eating Avocado a day provides your body with vitamin C, potassium, and Antioxidants.
- Berries; aside from tasting great berries are equally good for your skin. They contain antioxidant property that prevents some types of cell damage. Berries help the skin fight inflammation related to eczema, acne, and premature aging.
- Garlic; Garlic breath can be very strong and hard to get rid of but the incredible health benefits of garlic make it worthwhile. It can be used to treat infections if used properly. Garlic has antibacterial properties which help to kill the bacteria causing acne. It enhances blood flow which gives your skin a natural glow, it is also known to increase the antioxidant level of your skin and body.
Your skin is a big project, spend money on it. Pay attention to what you eat because your nutrition affects your skin health.
Don’t leave without dropping a comment, tell us what foods you eat to keep your skin healthy.