ASUN; Spicy grilled goat meat
Where are my meat lovers oh!!!
But wait most of us love meat, we are not just talking about ordinary meat it’s Goat meat which is spicy and grilled.
Ahn! You can’t wait to taste it that’s why you’ve been salivating. Well, we could help you satisfy your taste buds.
You will get to know-how just keep reading.
ASUN is peppered or spicy grilled goat meat, it is prepared over an open fire (grill) then sautéed in hot pepper and spices. Asun is a native of the Ondo people in the western part of Nigeria.
The goat meat is chopped into bite-sized pieces, with other spices added to it (garlic, onions, habanero pepper, etc…) The skin of the goat meat is always cut with it, if not it won’t be a real deal Asun. It’s really spicy so it’s not for the faint-hearted.
So Fam, are you ready to have a taste of spicy grilled goat me?
Then follow me closely.
- Goat meat (cut with the skin)
- Habanero pepper
- Stock cubes
- Green bell pepper
- Red bell pepper
- Vegetable oil
- Black pepper (optional)
- Cut the goat meat into bite-sized pieces (the skin of the goat meat Should be cut with the chunks).
- Wash properly, place the goat meat into a bowl and add thyme, black pepper, stock cubes (you could add other spices you do use to marinate)
- Marinate the goat meat by gently rubbing it with your hands.
- After you marinate, place the goat meat in a pot, pour water to just half of the level of the goat meat add onions and start cooking at medium heat. NOTE; Don’t add lots of water
- When the goat meat is well cooked, remove the onions and add salt to taste then stir consistently until the remaining liquid in the pot is dried up.
- Place the goat meat on an oven rack then grill in the oven at 1800C for 5 minutes.
- Blend or chop the pepper you’ll be using also the onions.
- Place a frying pan on medium heat. Add vegetable oil, when the oil gets hot you add the blended or chopped peppers and onions and sauté. Also, add salt and seasoning cubes to taste. This should be done for 15 minutes.
- Add the grilled meats, stir and combine for 10 minutes. After that, you add the onions.
- Fry till the onions caramelize a bit.
ASUN IS READY.