A-5 MORNING ROUTINE THAT WILL GIVE YOU A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE
The sun is shining, your alarm is buzzing. Arrgh! The morning is here again. It’s time to get ready for the hustle and bustle of the day.
What’s the first thing you do in the morning?
Check your phone, quickly brush your teeth or go straight to your fridge to pick up some desserts.
The way you start your morning can have a big impact on the rest of the day. If you are the type that jumps from the bed, rush into the bathroom, and rush to get ready for work. You need to change your morning routine. You could start your day by drinking water, having a healthy breakfast, or exercising your body.
To have a productive day your morning has to be done right.
Here is the A-5 morning routine you need to adopt to live a healthy lifestyle.
- Drink water; hydration is the key to every bodily function. If you’re not gulping down a nice glass of water you’re doing yourself a disservice. Drinking water just after you wake up sets your body for smooth digestion throughout the day. It helps flush out toxins that have been in your belly while you were sleeping and also help to prevent any kidney-related diseases.
If you want to watch your weight drinking water in the morning could help. It enables your body to burn more calories throughout the day. To make this effective you should try squeezing lemon into your water. The lemon water will make you feel a little fuller so you don’t munch a large amount of breakfast.
- Eat a healthy breakfast; We enjoy chowing down a full plate of cereals in the morning. Well, this sugary breakfast does nothing to help your body throughout the day. It may give you a bit of energy you need at first but when your blood sugar level drops after a couple of hours, you will get tired and famished. That’s why you have to opt for a more nutritious breakfast instead of sugary treats.
- Exercise; the health benefits of regular exercise are hard to ignore. Exercise helps to combat health conditions and disease, it helps to improve your mood, lose weight, boost energy, promote good sleep, etc. After a long night of sleep, your muscles may feel tight and stiff exercising your body in the morning is a great way to prepare your body for the day by lubricating the joints in warming up the muscles. Try doing exercise every morning and you won’t regret it.
- Write in your journal; when you get up from bed in the morning take a few minutes to write down something in your journal. This helps you to reflect on things, know what area in your life you need to improve, and also makes you keep in touch with yourself.
- Don’t hit snooze; get up as soon as your alarm goes off. While enjoying that sweet dream there’s nothing more annoying than hearing your alarm go off, I know it can be frustrating that’s why you’re always tempted to hit the snooze button. The snooze button does more harm than good when it comes to having a productive day. When you hit the snooze button, you’re interrupting your sleep cycle which will make you disoriented after you get out of bed. To avoid this put your alarm away from your arm’s reach to make this easy.
What’s your morning routine?
Let us know in the comment section.